Community > FAQ


Handong UNITWIN Fellowship

21. Can I apply for a course designed as a practical course?

In principle, we do not accept a practical course.

If you have a detailed plan for how to cover the practical activities online, please describe it in detail.

We will discuss whether we can accept them.

20. How can I edit a video?

For your information, we attached the link ( which introduces "Free Editing Software".

19. Should I submit the Proof of Employment every semester even if I submitted before?

Yes. We request all applicants to submit proof of employment every semester and we only admit the document issued right before/during the application period.

We understand it is inconvenient to issue every time, but we should check whether an applicant will be giving a lecture at the university for the upcoming semester.

This is an international program that is scrutinized by the Korean Ministry of Education, and we should check the current employment and position of applicants every application period.

After the application due date, we contact the university where you are working to verify the information in your application. 

The applications which are not verified by the university will be rejected.

18. Can I apply for a course which is similiar to a exisiting course on the website?

If you apply for a new course, we consider it a proper application even if there is a similar course from another professor on our website.

Even if a course title is the same, we consider it different as long as you create your own lecture materials.

However, the competition rate is high and we prefer a totally new course which is not on our website.

17. Why is the required lecture time in “Course Credit Guideline” and “Minimum Length of Materials for Submission” different?

A professor who conducts a course at a university can apply for the HUF program.

However, since the standard for "Course Credit" varies from university to university, we set the standard as below.

For example, if a professor conducts a course consisting of 100 mins X 16 weeks at a university,

the applicant can apply for a 2-credits course even if the course is regarded as a 3-credits course in his/her university.

* Please note that we accept only 1,2,3 credit courses and if a lecture time per week is over 180 mins, please select a 3-credits course.

Then, what is the "Minimum Length of Materials for Submission per week?"

If a professor is selected, he/she should submit lecture materials that satisfy the minimum length suggested below.

We set a lower standard for submission because the lecture materials are for an online course and a video/text should be edited compactly. 

Furthermore, we understand that it is difficult to make a long video every week and students can feel difficulty focusing for a long time.

Therefore, as for application, please refer to the "Course Credit Guideline"

and as for the submission, please refer to the "Minimum length of materials for submission per week."

In other words, if you are giving a 150 mins lecture for 14 weeks at your university you must select 3-credits for application and submit over 60 mins of video lecture for each week.

16. Can I use my lecture materials on other platforms like Youtube?

You may upload your lecture materials on other platforms.

However, please be noted that you should not submit the same materials to other institution for any other subsidies.

15. How can I put a citation?

There are various ways to make citations. You could use APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.  

Whichever you use, you should at least include the “Title, Author/Editor, Publisher, Year of Publication, Page”. 

For your reference, we attached the link below that may help you with citation. 

Citation Machine:

Citation Guides : 

Citation generator:

14. How can I use Zoom?

For your information, we attached the link ( which explains how to use Zoom in detail.

13. How can I make a video with lecture note?

There is some software which helps you make a video with several screens. 

For your information, we introduce a software named "OBS"(recommended but not required. you can use other software).

OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is free and open-source software for video recording and live streaming. 


-  How to Use OBS

12. How can I upload files to google drive when my storage is full?

The drive we share with participants is owned by us, but the files you upload occupy your storage, not our storage.  

Three ways to solve this problem:

1. You can delete other files you don't need anymore in your google drive.
2. You can buy bigger storage.
3. You can make another Google account and upload your materials with the new google account.
   * Each Google account can upload up to 15GB for free, which means that you can upload 15GB more with another account.