Community > FAQ


Handong UNITWIN Fellowship

How can I upload files to google drive when my storage is full?

The drive we share with participants is owned by us, but the files you upload occupy your storage, not our storage.  

Three ways to solve this problem:

1. You can delete other files you don't need anymore in your google drive.
2. You can buy bigger storage.
3. You can make another Google account and upload your materials with the new google account.
   * Each Google account can upload up to 15GB for free, which means that you can upload 15GB more with another account.


Can I apply for the same course that was previously selected with different or revised materials?

Please be kindly noted that we cannot accept the same course that you have created and received the grant from UUOOI/HUF before.

Could it be recorded during the real lectures?

We can accept the video recorded during the class as long as the sound and the image are clear enough so that people can study with the materials without any difficulty on our website.

Furthermore, in the video, the professor should be shown, not the students.

The professors must double-check the video and edit it for the use of the online course.

Please kindly note that the lecture materials are for all people who study remotely at home or for those who are attending other universities. 

If my course is conducted in summer/winter, when can I apply since this project only accepts applications in February/August?

Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter semesters, tri-semesters, and quarter-semesters, as well as various other semesters, will also be considered valid. However, the selected applicants should be able to submit all materials according to our schedule.

For the Spring semester, we accept the courses conducted during the first half of this year.
For the Fall semester, we accept the courses conducted during the latter half of this year.

Does the courseware have to be in English?

Lecture materials can be in another language, but application documents including the syllabus should be written in English.

If you would like to have wider use of the material, please create the material in English. It is up to the participating faculty to decide.

If I give my material away openly, what happens if someone takes it and claims it as his/her own?
You are not putting your material in the public domain. What you are doing is applying an open license that reserves some rights for you. Users cannot take your material and claim it as his/her own because the license mandates that the user properly attributes the original author.
Is there a minimum amount of materials for submission?

The minimum length of materials for submission is attached.

Please be noted that it is the minimum length per week, and the course should span at least 12 weeks excluding exams.

If you submit lecture notes, you can use ppt, pdf, or MS Word.

* This is not the maximum length and you can make more than those standards.

   However, for a video, it is recommended not to exceed 90 minutes per week.

Is it OK to use existing OCW material?
As long as you are using the material in accordance with the license terms, it is fine to use and edit existing material to create your own.
Are there any other assistance in the project?
There will be a workshop/consultation for professors who want. In the workshop, we cover topics such as using digital materials in the classroom, understanding copyrights, and improved teaching practices.
What kind of technical assistance is provided in this project?
Participants of the projects work together virtually, and the project host does not provide on-site assistance. You may send in your questions, but for more immediate technical support on how to produce digital contents, we recommend that you seek help from the teaching resource center in your institution.